An inspirational story on transformation & change.
Motivational & inspirational Speaker on change, agility, resilience and transformation
Sébastien Sasseville inspires organizations to take the first step, to embrace change and to turn challenges into opportunities.
An endurance athlete, his extraordinary accomplishments—which include summiting Mount Everest, completing the mythical Sahara race, and running across Canada—are made all the more impressive by the fact that he lives with Type 1 Diabetes.
To reach the top, Sébastien Sasseville had to continuously overcome obstacles and to adapt to rapidly changing environments. The parallels with the business world are countless.
Transforming our organizations starts with embracing discomfort and by understanding that the cost inaction is greater than imperfection. We don’t have to have all the answers to call for change. The journey will provide the answers, so we must take the first step, we must move into action.
Then, organizations who reach the top are in constant evolution, one step at a time. They make learning the ultimate goal. Those organizations experiment, they are continuously transforming and always moving. One step at a time, consistency is everything.
Innovators know how take counter intuitive decisions. Like climbing down to base camp after a successful acclimatization session up at camp 3 on Mount Everest. Climbing to the summit is never a straight line.
Corporate agility is the goal. Successful organizations, leaders and individuals create opportunity out of complex challenges. They are resilient. They don’t change to catch up, they dictate the pace by leading change to win.
Business and sports speaker
Sasseville also spent the first 10 years of his career in sales roles for Fortune 500 organizations. By making powerful and relevant connections between sports and business, he now helps leaders to lead change and he inspires organizations to turn challenges into opportunities.
Sebastien is supported by powerful imagery, unique accomplishments and known for awe-inspiring stories always beautifully connected to business. To date, he has helped hundreds of clients, such as RBC, Johnson & Johnson, Bell, SAP, L’Oreal and Hewitt to create enthusiasm about business transformation, build resilience and to evolve to win. You’ve made it to base camp, take it to the top with Sebastien!
- Change start with a first step
- Start with a mission, a desire to improve a future reality
- Leading change: to lead change you must embody change
- Sense of urgency: The cost of inaction. If you aren’t transforming your industry, your competitors are doing it. The cost of not trying is greater than the cost of failing
- Initiating change & crossing the starting line: You don’t have to have all the answers to start
- Change & transformation sometimes imply losing control. Allow the experience to define the new processes. Listen to the people you serve
- Agility: the ability to move quickly
- Agility: provide value fast, as we are building the new solution
- Agility: we must be willing (mindset) and able (systems) to change the plan
- Speed is key: notice, acknowledge and respond to threats
- Managing and adapting to threats before they arrive: notice, acknowledge, respond
- It takes time: change is a process, not an event
- Change will not be as efficient at the beginning of the process
- Change doesn’t mean more work. It is new actions aligned with the new goals and destination
- Performance through transformation: what do we need to stop doing?
- Flexibility is a strategy for success, not a response to failure
- Today’s consistency is tomorrow’s performance, one step at a time, always look for the next logical step
- Going up and down between camps on Mont Everest: Change is never a straight line
- Taking counter intuitive decisions
- Change is the art of always being in movement
- Change is a culture, not an action
- The mission: our role in the big picture. Always serve the organization first
- One step at a time,
- Love the process, not the summit
- Success is not a goal, it is an outcome
- 45-60-75-90 minutes
- Sebastien Sasseville works closely with your team to customize his keynote for maximum impact and to move your team into action.
Contact Sebastien for more information about his motivational keynote on change management
Sebastien has been able to captivate, motivate and interest our team of representative, all that in a bilingual presentation. He’s an outstanding storyteller and he has been able to adapt his presentation to our needs and making relevant parallels between what he’s been through and the reality of our industry. A refreshing conference on sales, that’s off the beaten path.
We cannot thank you enough for sharing your life path with the leadership team! We have received nothing but positive comments about your presentation and many are in awe of your accomplishments. More importantly, they heard your message of the journey your life has taken thus far and how through goal setting, perseverance, commitment and life lessons, anything is possible!